Software Test Engineer-2
As a member of Quotient Technology Inc. Automation team, you will Automate world-class software and help build the platform for our cutting-edge online consumer coupons products. You will Automate & Test, maintain highly scalable systems and contribute to all aspects of the software development cycle. The ideal candidate will be a full-stack Automation developer with strong analytical skills, effective communication skills, proactive and self-motivated mindset, and ability to work efficiently in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Test & Automate highly scalable, 24/7 consumer internet applications.
- Work independently completing small to large sized projects while managing competing priorities in a demanding production environment.
- Deliver on projects from end to end (documentation to production grade code to support procedures) while functioning within the process and disciplines established in the Engineering QA team.
- Work collaboratively among groups within engineering ( Database Administration, and Production Ops) and outside engineering (Product Manager, Marketing Team) to drive allocated projects to completion.
- Actively participate in high level engineering team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements and conducting tool evaluations.
- BS in Computer Science is required or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience testing web applications in fast paced hosted startup environment.
- 3+ years of automation experience with open source automation tools, and with Java/Eclipse development and JUnit/TestNG framework.
- Experience developing automated test suites for server API/web services testing.
- Experience with load/scalability testing techniques and testing tools (Jmeter).
- Experience in automation architecture (framework development) and design.
- Proven experience optimizing existing automation framework and designing/implementing new features and enhancements.
- Experience integrating automated tests with Jenkins, TestNG/JUnit/Eclipse is a plus.
- Solid understanding of web technologies and web applications with knowledge of web and application servers.
- Experience working in Linux environment.
- Database experience with hands-on SQL knowledge.
- Experience with Object oriented and scripting languages is a must (Java, C#).
- Strong analytical, trouble shooting, and creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated technical excellence; ability to articulate, solve, and close on technical problems.
- Ability to multi task and work with minimum supervision. High-energy team player with excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Provide training/mentorship to QA team members in automated testing techniques and discipline
- Prior experience in startup is a plus