Senior Software Engineer
As a key member of Quotient Technology software development team, you will help lead the development of next generation offer management platform for online consumer coupons. You will develop and maintain scalable distributed systems and contribute to all aspects of the software development cycle. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, effective communication skills, be independent and self-motivated.
- Develop highly scalable and modern internet applications using cutting edge tools
- Work independently completing small to large sized projects whilemanaging competing priorities in a demanding production
- Deliver on projects from end to end (requirements to production grade code to support procedures), while functioning within the process and disciplines established in the Engineering team.
- Work collaboratively among groups within engineering (QA, Database Administration, and Production Ops) and outside engineering (Product Manager, Marketing Team) to drive allocated projects to completion.
- Actively participate in high level engineering team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements and conducting tool evaluations.
- BS/MS in CS (or equivalent) and 5+ years of hands-on software design and development experience or data and mathematical analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Web Technologies (solid understanding of HTTP protocol, SOAP protocol and REST services).Strong knowledge of OOP (Java/C#/PHP) and DBMS(Microsoft SQL Server/Oracle/MySQL/Cassandra/MariaDB).
- Experience working with complex data models, large databases, extensive reporting and data analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Passionate about programming.
- Ability to maintain good technical documentation.
- Experience in the design and development of large scale client/server and multi-tier software systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills (client and server side).
- Experience in a high-availability and mission-critical environment.
- Keen ability to understand end user experience and business needs.
- Strongly prefer candidates who have internet and/or start-up company experience.