Senior Software Engineer
- Take ownership of web application projects and see them through all aspects of their lifecycle; design, development, testing and support.
- Liaise with client technical teams to gather and understand requirements in order to action development tasks.
- Manage own workload across multiple responsibilities to ensure deadlines are met and reactive changes are undertaken promptly.
- Develop highly scalable and performant web solutions using the latest best-of-breed technologies with a best-practise approach to code authoring in line with the practises of the Elevaate Engineering team.
- Collaborate with the technical team and business teams within Elevaate and Quotient to drive on-time delivery of projects meeting business requirements.
- Take part in technical team discussions around design improvements to architecture, processes and practises.
- Self learning to keep up-to-date with modern technologies, tools and practises.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) and at least 6 years of hands-on web development experience
- At minimum 2 years of experience building modern web applications with frameworks like Angular and React
- Excellent technical understanding of web protocols like HTTP, REST, XHR/AJAX, etc
- Excellent software fundamentals, including object oriented and dynamic programming
- Experience writing frontend unit tests such as Jasmine
- Strong understanding of software platforms and operating systems, including scripting languages and command line use
- Experience with Git or other source control systems
- Good knowledge of responsive web design
- Experience working with server-side templating solution such as Freemarker
- Experience with server-side development in Java
- Experience with MySQL