Software Engineer 2
As a key member of Quotient Technology software development team, you will help lead the development of next generation offer management platform for online consumer coupons. You will develop and maintain scalable distributed systems and contribute to all aspects of the software development cycle. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, effective communication skills, be independent and self-motivated.
- Develop highly scalable and modern internet applications using cutting edge tools
- Work independently completing small to large sized projects whilemanaging competing priorities in a demanding production
- Deliver on projects from end to end (requirements to productiongrade code to support procedures), while functioning within the processand disciplines established in the Engineering team.
- Work collaboratively among groups within engineering (QA, DatabaseAdministration, and Production Ops) and outside engineering (ProductManager, Marketing Team) to drive allocated projects to completion.
- Actively participate in high level engineering team activities such assuggesting architecture improvements, recommending processimprovements and conducting tool evaluations.
- BS, MS in Computer Science (or equivalent) and 5 years of hands-on web application design and development experience.
- 3+ years of experience building modern web applications with frameworks like React or Vue
- Experience with server-side languages like NodeJS, or Go
- In-depth understanding and experience working with vanilla front-end technologies like HTML, CSS, JS -- including ES6
- Excellent technical understanding of web protocols like HTTP, REST, XHR/AJAX, etc.
- Excellent software fundamentals, including object oriented and dynamic programming.
- Ability to analyze, benchmark and optimize software.
- Experience with relational database systems such as MySQL or MariaDB
- Experience writing frontend and backend unit tests
- Strong understanding of software platforms and operating systems, including scripting languages and command line use.
- Experience working with ReactJS and TypeScript
- Experience developing server-side software with Django or NodeJS