Senior Database Administrator
Senior Database Administrator, MySQL/MS SQL
Want to be part of a company which has pioneered digital promotions, media and advertising solutions driven by data. We innovate every day to connect Shoppers, Retailers and thousands of brands to provide world class Shopping experience. Quotient, has been awarded the Digiday Signal award for Best Retail Technology,2017. The technology platforms that bring efficiency, effectiveness and creativity to the media and marketing processes for brands, agencies and publishers.
The Production Database team supports the database Infrastructure, build and maintain large foot print of MariaDB, MS SQL, Cassandra platform that servers millions of retail customers. We are looking for a talented database administrator to part of our Bengaluru, India team. As a Database Administrator, you will fill an operational role, having ownership of all deep technical aspects of our database platform maintaining HA. Reporting to the Director of Technical Operations, you will partner with onsite DBA team following sun model to deliver required performance and scaling of these servers.
- Candidate will be responsible for administering, monitoring, and maintaining data structures,partitioning, procedures, and functions using MySQL Database platform in support of online real time applications.
- Perform database profiling, trend analysis and capacity planning.
- Candidate will be responsible for coordinating with software developers to provide structure, procedures and functions that are compliant with existing databases and are ready to be tested in Development and QA environments.
- Perform database backup and recovery tasks, including standards and schedules setup and periodic restore tests. Site to Site replication using native replication as well as third party replication tool
- Implement database security policies and audits.
- Publish and maintain SOPs and database knowledge base.
- Strong knowledge with administering MariaDB Transparent Data Encryption.
- Work closely with development team members and provide database support in schema design and changes, as well as code review and SQL tuning.
- Must be willing to work on the Rotation Shift Or extended shift in Day.
- 6+ years progressive responsibilities in Database administration primarily MariaDB, MySQL and MS SQL experience.
- Solid understanding of MySQL database structure.
- Background in building of a large infrastructure in a mission critical environment.
- Exceptional experience administering multi-Terabyte databases in 24x7x365 high traffic internet applications environment.
- Must be experienced creating SQL statements, triggers, stored procedures, and data extraction routines to import/export data from the repositories.
- Demonstrated expertise in Query Optimization and Tuning, including cross database and cross server queries.
- Knowledge and experience in active – passive clusters, log shipping, transactional replication and other advanced SQL Server implementations.
- Basic understanding of VMWare and SAN/NAS storage systems like NetApp and EMC.
- Proficiency with SQL, Shell, Python / Perl languages
- Proficient with Industry standard database monitoring tools.
- Experience working in cloud computing platform
- Understanding of Cassandra database is a plus
- Messaging: Kafka, ActiveMQ is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and ability to create a database environment
- Able to quickly isolate and resolve production performance problems.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience