Principal Software Engineer
- Design and develop highly scalable, 24/7 high volume backend for consumer web and mobile applications.
- Work independently completing small to large sized projects while managing competing priorities in a demanding production environment.
- Deliver on projects from end to end (documentation to production grade code to support procedures) in agile development process.
- BS or MS in CS (or equivalent) and 8+ years of hands-on software design and development experience or data and mathematical analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Web Technologies (solid understanding of HTTP protocol, SOAP protocol and REST services).
- Strong knowledge of OOP (Java/C#) and DBMS (Microsoft SQL Server/Oracle/MySQL/Cassandra/MariaDB).
- Experience working with complex data models, large databases, extensive reporting and data analysis.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and design.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Passionate about programming.
- Ability to maintain good technical documentation.
- Experience in the design and development of large scale client/server and multi-tier software systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills (client and server side).
- Experience in a high-availability and mission-critical environment.
- Keen ability to understand end user experience and business needs.
- Strongly prefer candidates who have internet and/or start-up company experience.
Desired Position Qualifications:
- Java, Spring, JMS, Kafka, Scala, Maven, distributed databases/systems.
- JSON, Web services based on SOAP or REST.
- Keen to learn about new technology, frameworks and languages.