Revenue Accounting Manager
Reporting to the Director of Revenue, this position is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the Company’s revenue accounting by providing leadership, accounting expertise, business sense, and a strong desire to improve processes and controls. The position is accountable to support all revenue accounting company policy responsibilities, including documentation of the application in accordance with US GAAP. This is a high profile position with interactions and dependencies with corporate accounting, FP&A, sales, operations, and executive management. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, audit experience, and a CPA/CA, with in-depth knowledge of accounting operations and experience in mentoring a team in a public company environment. The candidate must have strong organization and communication skills, and is detail oriented and hands-on.
What you’ll do:
- Oversight of month-end and quarter-end close operational process for promotion business including billing and accounting for the revenue related to this business.
- Perform deferred revenue and unbilled receivables analyses on a monthly basis ensuring ongoing compliance with GAAP accounting policies and procedures.
- Partner on multiple element arrangements, identify deliverables and allocate contract consideration to the time based and separate units of accounting.
- Enhance processes used to generate deferred revenue data and SSP values.
- Lead and improve accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close processes.
- Collaborate with Sales, Legal and Operation Teams to review and evaluate impact of raft contracts or insertion orders for revenue recognition
- Research accounting guidance and prepare technical memos to document Company’s position on revenue transactions and other key accounting
- Supporting Technical Accounting Team in any revenue-related reporting matter including Form 10Q and Form 10K disclosures
- Coordinate ongoing Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 compliance for revenue related controls.
- Collaborate with external audit staff for interim and year-end audit procedures and sign-off.
- Work with cross-functional organizations to streamline the order-to-cash processes, workflows and reduce monthly revenue close cycles.
What you’ll bring:
- A minimum of 6+ years of experience (2+ years in revenue recognition preferably in ecommerce/retail).
- Audit experience is a must (with focus on Technology clients); CPA/CA preferred.
- NetSuites’ Advance Revenue Module and systems integration experience a plus
- Extensive revenue recognition expertise related to multiple element arrangements, performing detailed contract reviews for critical customer arrangements, and assessing principal vs. agent revenue reporting conclusion.
- 1+ year of people management experience.
- Strong leadership and motivation skills.
- Ability to work through change management (experience preparing process narrative and flowcharts a plus).
- Customer service orientation and ability to successfully resolve issues.
- Problem-solving, analytical and ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work closely with other departments.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Experience with software packages including NetSuite, SalesForce.com, and Microsoft Office Suite (especially excel).
- Experience in system implementation a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
- Natural hands-on leadership skills with a pragmatic business-focused approach to the delivery of service and projects alike.
- Organized with the ability to implement systems and processes to bring structure to a function while retaining the flexibility required to manage effectively in a business undergoing growth and change.
- Self-motivated problem solver with the ability to tackle complex projects in a short time frame.
- Strong business acumen and collaborative business partner, adept at building cross functional relationships to drive business results.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, to work independently, and to deliver results.
- Highly self-motivated and objective driven.
Quotient Technology Inc (NYSE: QUOT) is the leading digital marketing platform that provides technology and services to consumer packaged goods (CPGs) brands and retailers to seamlessly target audiences, optimize marketing performance and drive sales. Through its proprietary cloud platforms: Promotions, Media, Audience, and Analytics, Quotient offers a powerful suite of solutions, including personalized digital coupons and advertising. Quotient’s shopper and data network is unparalleled, with retail partners representing almost $400 Billion in sales and more than 20 million monthly unique mobile visitors through its Coupons.com properties. By combining technology, data and distribution, Quotient serves hundreds of CPGs, such as Clorox, Procter & Gamble, General Mills and Kellogg’s, and retailers like Albertsons Companies, CVS, Dollar General, Kroger and Walgreens. Founded in 1998, Quotient is based in Mountain View, California with offices across the US, as well as internationally in Bangalore, Paris, and London. Learn more at Quotient.com, and follow us on Twitter @Quotient.