The SOX Auditor will support Senior SOX Auditor and SOX Compliance Manager to determine effectiveness and efficiency of control structure and operating processes, including recommendations for improvement in processes and controls. This position will primarily support the SOX compliance program.
- Ensures an understanding of the control and the test for that control are formally documented in process narratives and testing template
- Execute a test (and retest as needed) of the control using the sample size for the control
- Analyze test results for accuracy and for meeting the control objective
- Document the summary and detailed results of the test
- Engage in any retesting as needed in the event of an identified exception
- Conduct design effectiveness of Business Process controls (Walkthrough with client)
- Conduct Operating effectiveness of controls
- Understanding of Business Process cycles (Purchase to Payable; Revenue & Receivables; Financial Close; Payroll; Treasury. etc.).
- 3-5 years relevant SOX testing experience
- Assist in planning, scoping and risk assessment process, including collaboration with external auditors and business process owners.
- Assist in testing of the design and operating effectiveness of SOX business process and IT controls, including entity and process level controls, IT general and application controls, key reports, and SOC1 analyses.
- Perform SOX documentation for testing completed
- Support the department’s audit plan and participate in operational audits, if required and as possible allowing for SOX schedule.
- Recognize different cultures and business practices in various locations and partner with the business process owners to recommend optimal business solutions to strengthen controls and increase efficiency.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Should have prior experience testing SOX controls across processes.
- Prior exposure to NetSuite ERP will be an added advantage
- Ability to work effectively across time zones and geographies to maintain consistent internal audit quality on a world-wide basis.
- Ability to work along with other team members in a coordinated manner.