Quanex Building Products, a manufacturer of quality screen, roll formed metal components, metal embedded co-extrusions, vinyl extrusions, and fabricated assemblies servicing a variety of industries is seeking entry level positions.
Our team is in search of a Production Lead to support our Dallas facility where we manufacture window and door screens. The successful candidate will be responsible to demonstrate leadership in order to meet production goals, provide guidance and serve as back-up for any position on the production floor.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads the Production process for assigned shift and set shift priorities.
- Train employees on methods or equipment.
- Enforce company policies and safety regulations (e.g. attendance, safety glasses).
- Monitor production processes continually.
- Inspect machines and equipment for maintenance and safety needs.
- Be knowledgeable of how to perform all functions of any production position.
- Compliance with safety rules.
- Maintain equipment and work area in neat, orderly condition in accordance with standard work and 5S criteria.
- Perform and document all quality checks as required and must understand the importance and significance of each.
- Minimum two years’ experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Knowledgeable of the fenestration industry production process, capacity and constraints.
- Must work overtime on short notice as required.
- Ability to perform physical functions of job.
- Forklift Certification preferred.