The Engineer is responsible for providing engineering support to Woodcraft Division in a manner that maximizes yields, enhances production processes, improve equipment reliability and timely completion to priority plant projects.
- Partners with the rough mills to evaluate machine parameters and develops recommendations on how to improve yields.
- Manage selected capital expenditure projects; this could include research, negotiation, procurement, implementation, and debugging.
- Assist plant Maintenance Departments with production line improvements and modifications that enhance productivity.
- Manage or coordinate selected support system modification and upgrade projects; i.e., dust collection, compressed air, electrical systems, environmental, boiler.
- Document all mechanical and electrical alterations on new or existing prints.
- Work closely with Maintenance Departments on repair and alterations of newly developed equipment and existing equipment; may be called upon to advise Maintenance associates during emergency breakdowns.
- Maintain up-to-date copies of present plant equipment and supports systems layouts.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance personnel to reduce reject rates when machine design and operation is determined to be the cause.
- Coordinate and supervise outside contractors on selected projects.
- Prepare and adhere to budget information for selected engineering projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 5 years of related experienced
- Knowledge of plant machinery and operating methods and procedures
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Fundamental mechanical, electrical, and construction system knowledge
- Ability to work with outside contractors
- Strong knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to handle multiple jobs simultaneously
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage and interpret large volumes of data
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of woodworking or related industry