Account Coordinator - Imports
To globally represent the Company and supply support pursuant to established sales goals and policies including required compliance/documentation, identification/implementation of service locations (both internal and with third party warehouse providers), and program specific inventory management plans.
- Oversees the forecasting and import planning of existing and new products; communicates information to import product manager and sales representatives to ensure accurate reserve and forecast data.
- Maintain and oversee global supply including running weekly reports for each program to establish materials required, keep proper personnel informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management of inventory.
- Manage warehousing of imported products (both internal and third party). This includes identifying third party warehouse providers and/or locations, ensure warehouses maintain accurate inventories, assist in negotiating contracts with third party providers, and develop inventory turn targets for each major program. Identify slow-moving, obsolete materials through periodic review and work with the sales team to resolve with the customer.
- Work with product development to manage the project database in regards to import programs and maintain the import project data base to ensure we are staying on tasks with all global projects.
- Support customer service and order entry with the following tasks for the import programs:
- Supplies information to customers and others concerning the status of orders, delivery information, lead-times, freight coordination, and matters as appropriate.
- Contacts customers directly to arrange changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules and explain early/late shipment circumstances and other related difficulties.
- Coordinates with scheduling to expedite the delivery of products in emergency situations.
- Thoroughly investigates problems and gathers all pertinent information in order to reply tactfully to customers and to ensure a satisfactory and timely resolution.
- Monitors customer expectations, programs, specifications, service activities and results; takes or recommends necessary corrective actions as appropriate to improve results and exceed expectations.
- Work with the Director of Imports and accounting to define standard cost at the beginning of each fiscal year with revised purchase price from one or multiple global suppliers and most recent freight cost. Also assist in evaluating each import program financially on a bi-annual basis.
- Develop a relationship with all global suppliers’ personnel in regards to order processing and obtaining shipping documents accurately and on a timely basis.
- Create and manage E-file / Secure drawer storage database used in record retention and organizational of import files regarding shipping documents, payment and certification documents.
- Perform other work as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent experience in marketing, business administration, or related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external contacts.
- One to three years writing/composition experience.
- One to three years of import experience preferably involving product lines such as wood components, kitchen cabinets, or furniture components.
- Detail oriented with strong leadership, planning and monitoring skills, and sound decision-making capabilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook software, and computer publishing software.