Compound Operator - Richmond KY
This position is responsible for working monitoring the Blend Systems operations, Material Handling, Mixing, Scaling Logic Control, and Supervisory software to assure quality of finished P.V.C. Blend and continuous supply to the Production Department.
- Monitors the P.V.C. blend tower to maintain quality of finished P.V.C dry blend.
- Maintains system operation to assure continuous supply of P.V.C. to Production.
- Assist maintenance department and repair of compounding equipment.
- Works with other departments/leads to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Drives lift truck to transport material.
- Keeps area clean and organized (cleans floor, machines, walls, etc.)
- Clears COGI errors in SAP pertaining to raw and semi goods.
- Responsible for troubleshooting issues.
- Effectively multi-task the day to day functions.
- Communicate and prioritize what is needed
- Cycle Counter – Raw and Semi goods (IL only)
- Releasing (ordering) powder trucks (IL only)
- Ability to drive forklifts though facility.
- Ability to effectively operate the color station and blend tower.
- Ability to effectively use the Metra 6000 computer software.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues in compound department
- Ability to follow directions and be flexible to respond to problems and changes in job assignments.
- Excellent documentation skills and capable of reading and following technical manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to establish priorities, work priorities, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
- Ability to work within the 5S standards.
- Ability to follow standard work plan.
- Familiar with OSHA safety standards and Statistical Process Controls.
- Two or more years’ experience in a manufacturing environment is desired.
- Basic math skills
- Stable work history
- Forklift experience required
- Computer experience desired