The General Laborer/Woodworker is responsible for performing a variety of entry-level tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Receives direction from the supervisor and notifies the supervisor when more work is needed
- Maintains the work area, machinery, and tools in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Follow all safety procedures, rules, and guidelines; and notifies the supervisor of any existing or potential safety issues.
- Follows all standard operating procedures and notifies the supervisor of potential procedural improvements.
- Assists in other work areas when the workload permits or requires.
- Cooperates with and supports co-workers and gets involved as a team player.
- Meets or exceeds the production standards for the position.
- Accurately, thoroughly, and legibly completes all documentation related to this position; i.e. production reports, accurate time keeping, etc.
- Observes closely the operation of tools and machinery and notifies the supervisor immediately of malfunctions or maintenance which may be needed.
- Monitors product constantly to ensure that quality standards are being met and rejects product that does not meet quality standards.
- Performs related work as directed. Examples of this work:
- Feed the Finish Sander; takes panels from a pallet and place them under the sander
- Piling table or belt; takes panels from a pallet and places these blanks on appropriate pallet, sorting these pieces by size. Blanks weigh 1-2 pounds, but because of rapid pace, need to pick up several at a time.
- Tailing the gangsaw. After boards have been cut lengthwise by gangsaw, boards are pulled from conveyor and stacked on appropriate cart. Boards are 8-16 feet long and up to 3 inches wide. Must sort boards according to size, so need to recognize the difference between 1 ¾, 2 ½, 2 ¾, etc.
- Observe closely the operation of any area assigned to, so that when an operator position become available the skills necessary to perform that job are mastered.
- No experience necessary
- Stand continuously
- Lift up to 40 lbs