Order Entry Specialist
The Order Entry Specialist is responsible for processing customer order information and maintaining customer order files. Assist with production schedules and schedule ship dates and provides administrative office support.
- Receive new orders via e-mail, fax and EDI, record on daily log and confirm order receipt back to customer.
- Review order and ensures compliance with customer program; refers order to Customer Service Representative if not in compliance.
- Schedule and enter customer orders, employee orders, samples and Fair samples that require production. Work closely with Product Development, Sales, Marketing and Customer Service to ensure accuracy of all products ordered. E-mail component plants in regards to their rush and special orders.
- Review order entry edit to determine if there are obsolete items, data entry errors, missing print numbers, etc. and correct as necessary before releasing to production.
- Enter assigned production dates, cutback quantities, etc., for customer orders.
- Print and distribute Pick and Pull Sheets for Small Cell. Print and distribute import paperwork. Assist supervisors and other shop personnel in obtaining any other needed information and paperwork for production.
- Order VRP from Wahpeton/Moorefield for production.
- Generate inter-plant and rough mill assignments. Work with Production Coordinator to determine LMTs and rough mill transfers.
- Assist with filing customer orders by customer and by purchase order number. Retain and manage customer files for 7 years.
- Assist with audits, providing invoices and other material as needed.
- Document and maintain knowledge of Customer Order Specialist procedures and revise as necessary.
- Develop and type documents in professional format/style, plus copies, faxes, and files material.
- Participate as a team member in all administrative transactions.
- Understand the functions of all PDF files, how to retrieve and forward when necessary upon customer request. Scan orders to 7 year cloud storage.
- Maintain active fax acknowledgements and invoices.
- Train new and current staff members on how to use the multiple systems and all of the order entry functions and procedures. Make decisions on appropriate course of action when called upon.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two years post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Computer data entry skills – accelerated level
- Accurate ten-key skills
- Knowledge of Windows, Word, & Excel
- Mathematical skills
- Ability to work with detail in fast-paced environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Professional manner
- Wood manufacturing/cabinet experience preferred