Customer Service Representative
To establish a rapport with internal and external customers and maintain good customer relationships/communications for all parties, while building confidence in the product, trouble-shoot potential problems and rectify existing ones; relating to each customer that we service what we sell and solicit their opinions and suggestions.
- Talk with customers, National, Regional and manufacturer’s representatives by phone concerning orders, quotes, returns, shipments and products. Receive and enter phone, fax and e-mail orders.
- Call customers when necessary to advise shipments delay and/or information necessary to process orders. Initiate tracers with shipping carriers.
- Initiate orders for replacements parts and/or for correcting errors (shortages, wrong item shipped, etc.)
- Ensure that all customers receive confirmation of orders received.
- Create, Input and update Customer Master, this includes all shipping notes and carrier information.
- Initiate file maintenance for corrections to computer’s customer file.
- Handle irate customers in a professional manner. Obtain customer feedback information.
- Monitor customers on EDI Ordering site.
- Enter and maintain new material requests for each customer in SAP.
- Arrange shipments and coordinate truck/expedite deliveries with each plant’s shipping department.
- Solicit sale of new or additional services.
- May be called upon to assist with tours and sales presentations for current and potential customer visiting the facility.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Knowledge of modern business communication systems
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Ability to interpret technical instructions in diagram form.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, SAP, etc.)Education, Credentials & Experience:
- Requires High School Diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Up to 3 years’ experience in the field or related area.
- As established by supervisor, willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as requested.