Student Assembler - Summer Help
Quanex Building Products is currently seeking candidates for our summer employment program--
Requirements for Candidates;
- Must be 18 years or older by Summer 2018.
- Must be on summer break from a post-secondary education program with a return date and supporting documentation or;
- Must be a recent high school graduate whom will be attending post-secondary education this fall. Candidates must already be enrolled and able to provide documentation.
Compliance with safety rules required at every operation.
Quality inspection required at every operation.
This description represents the most significant job duties but does not exclude other work duties assigned or required but not mentioned.
- Work from manufacturing orders, verbal or written instructions to demonstrate proficiency in a variety of assembly type operations. May install base, rail, nosing and other parts to sub assembled or fully assembled thresholds and astragals. Package and label product to required customer specifications.
- You may use semi or fully automated machines as well as manual assembly operations. You will utilize basic setup charts, understand quality procedures and specifications, make simple machine adjustments and changeovers, requisition stock, clean fixtures, position parts, actuate, clear jams, inspect parts, monitor machine, clean and lubricate, dispose of scrap, keep simple records, notify supervisor or lead hand of unusual conditions, machine malfunctions or injuries.
Maintain equipment and work area in neat, orderly condition in accordance with standard work and 5S criteria.Use of basic machines and hand tools such as punches, presses, nail/staple guns, hammers, screwdrivers etc.