Maintenance Tech II
To maintain manufacturing equipment and facility in such a manner as to maximize uptime at the least cost to production-related goals.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Determine, by scheduled inspections, the maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns and major overhauls.
2. Troubleshoot, repair, and overhaul production equipment and support systems.
3. Use work orders to determine job priorities. Use CMMS system to document work activities.
4. Works directly with maintenance colleagues and indirectly with Production Supervisors to complete maintenance related activities.
5. Perform and monitor preventive maintenance tasks on appropriate manufacturing and facility equipment. Assure tasks and frequency are ideal for high reliability and low life cycle costs.
6. Assist in completing equipment installation, relocation and fabrication, etc. Coordinate with contractors to assure projects meet objectives, are on time and on budget.
7. Assist in maintenance of building facilities and grounds.
8. Train machine operators in preventive maintenance procedures and minor repair techniques.
9. Provide technical assistance to all production personnel, on machine setups, ways to utilize equipment, and other areas as needed. Assure safety equipment is in place and functional.
10. Maintain parts inventory of responsible equipment and support items like welding/cutting supplies, steel, pipe, tube, fittings, etc.
11. Take active role in cleaning and organizing maintenance shop, office and storage areas.
12. Follow and monitors safety rules and procedures. Acts as a safety advocate.
13. Keeps Maintenance Manager advised of any and all Safety/OSHA deficiencies.
14. Help maintain fire protection and safety equipment.
15. Work on projects as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
Education and/or Experience:
1. Two-year technical college degree or equivalent in related field.
2. Two years of related experience
3. Strong mechanical ability
4. Good communications skills
5. Welding and machine shop experience
6. Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
7. Woodworking or relevant equipment experience
8. Electrical systems knowledge and repair
9. Computer literacy
10. Knowledge of safety and environment practices, regulations, and procedures
11. Certified in First Aid / CPR / AED