- Plans daily tooling changes and estimates time of changes.
- Assesses the hourly performance of each line assigned.
- Troubleshoot and document the causes of performance problems and corrective action.
- Identifies and repairs sources (sink lines, weaves).
- Troubleshoots problems using proven methods.
- Stops extruder, removes die and calibrators, using proper shut-down procedures.
- Performs the “Quick Change”, Set-up, and Sell-to-Sell procedures.
- Make adjustments to Saw, Punch, Water System and other key process controls.
- Trains employees on methods or equipment, set-up and change-over procedures.
- Trains employees on starting and stringing-up profiles, monitoring extruder.
- Keeps area cleans and organized (clean floor, machines, walls, etc.)
- Routine maintenance on machines.
- Support in packaging and quality checks.
- Adjusts calibrator blocks, die heats, extruder speed, water flow and vacuum to ensure correct dimension and surface.
- Two or more years’ experience in Extrusion manufacturing.
- Mechanically inclined with excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Familiar with OSHA safety standards and SPC.
- Excellent documentation skills and capable of reading and following technical manuals.
- Ability to use air guns, banders, chop saw, hand tools, calipers, radial arm saws and other equipment as needed.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to work any shift.
- Must be able to pass Extruder Operator Certification.