Quanex Building Products, a manufacturer of quality screen, roll formed metal components, metal embedded co-extrusions, vinyl extrusions, and fabricated assemblies servicing a variety of industries is seeking entry level positions.
Our team is in search of a General Assembler to support our Dallas facility where we manufacture window and door screens. The successful candidate will be serve in a variety of roles including Roller, Screen Assembler and Packager.
All positions work as part of a team to meet production goals and in the moving of materials in and out of the facility in a safe, timely and efficient manner focusing on meeting the needs of both internal and external customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Compliance with safety rules
- Working cooperatively with team members to cut and assemble window screen frames to changing specifications using a computer-driven measuring device.
- Maintain equipment and work area in neat, orderly condition in accordance with standard work and 5S criteria.
- Work from manufacturing orders, verbal or written instructions to demonstrate proficiency in a variety of assembly type operations.
- Cut parts to length; install components in assemblies or sub-assemblies, package, label all according to customer specifications.
- Use basic machines and hand tools such as saws, punches, presses, nail/staple guns, hammers, screwdrivers etc.
- Use decimal tape measure, calipers, micrometers, comparators gages, fixtures and other quality equipment to maintain control of your process.
- Perform and document all quality checks as required and must understand the importance and significance of each.
- Ability to perform physical functions of job
- Forklift Certification preferred
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice