April 24, 2019
Mikron - Kent
Mon – Fri Days
Under Manager leadership, work directly with customers, production and management to communicate customer quality issues and finalize resolution.
- Develop and provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual quality reports that assess plant performance, and to determine the corrective actions required to improve design and product manufacturing performance.
- Assist the plant QA team with performing, analyzing & determining root cause for customer issues, and inputting the data into SalesForce.com. Capable of conducting dialogue with customers to understand the issue at hand & be willing to express Quanex Building Products warranty policies.
- ISO documentation coordinator will assign form numbers to company documents & maintain all corporate upper level documents. Capable of assisting plants with internal ISO audits.
- Act as a mentor to QA Technicians.
- Assist in the audit of products, which include the review of first article, conduct secondary measurements with scans & various inspection tools to verify parts conform to specifications.
- Track & report on the status of Quality cases logged into SalesForce.com. This will include weekly advisement to the Director & QA Managers on the status of SalesForce.com open Quality cases.
- Assist in the inspection of loads & conduct process audits.
- Assist in the calibration of basic inspection hand tools. The primary focal point for managing the QA teams calibration listing.
- Perform and assist with other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a Quality role within a manufacturing/production environment.
- Associates degree in a technical, preferred.
- Familiarity with quality concepts and tools; ASQ certification, preferred.
- Good understanding of, and ability to read spec sheets and bundle labels.
- Good computer proficiency with a variety of systems, including but not limited to MS-Office Suite, SAP, and SalesForce.com.
- Strong detail orientation with the ability to address and solve issues.
- Good organization skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage workload, accurately, within agreed upon timelines.
- Good familiarity with OSHA safety standards and SPC, while demonstrating company safety policies.
- Good professional, effective communication skills.
- Able to safely, and in accordance with established procedures, utilize tools and equipment regularly used within the department, including but not limited to calipers, chop saw.