Senior Internal Auditor
What’s attractive about this role?!
- A RISK-based Audit shop focused on process efficiencies
- Audits never exceed a week so you can be home on the weekends
- Career development opportunity to potentially become the Audit MANAGER
- Being a part of a DYNAMIC team
- The company LIVES its values
- Company benefits that include a 401k, a PENSION and Employee Stock Purchase Plan!
We are looking for a candidate that has
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant AND/OR Certified Internal Auditor is preferred.
- Experience on SOX audits.
- A minimum of 2 year experience in Audit required.
Where You’ll Go on Your Audits
The Senior Internal Auditor will be expected to travel up to 35% of the time to domestic and international locations including the UK and Germany. Most travel will occur mid-February through mid-October.
What’s expected of the Senior Internal Auditor?
The Senior Internal Auditor will lead audit-related activities and must have a strong understanding of various aspects of auditing, internal controls, processes, analytics, and business acumen in order to successfully carry out their duties. The successful candidate must have experience leading various types of project teams and the ability to work without constant supervision, to complete analytical reviews, respond to customer inquiries and evaluate customer responses.
- Design, develop, perform and review engagements for risk control assessments, financial audits, operational audits, international audits, FCPA Compliance, export controls compliance, acquisition integration, ERM, internal financial fraud investigations, process reviews and other management requests and advisory projects.
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual audit plan and quarterly updates to the Director – Audit Services.
- Assess financial statement risk related to business objectives and determine if sufficient controls are in place.
- Develop efficient and effective audit objectives, audit programs and testing procedures, to ensure that risks are covered.
- In coordination with Audit Plan, assist the Director to schedule assignments, plan audits and advise the audit team in the preparation of scopes, conduct engagement and monitor progress and quality of work, and assist the Director – Audit Services in the review and communication of audit recommendations to the Vice President – Audit Services.
- Ensure that policies are thoroughly and consistently communicated and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Keep abreast of accounting, legal and regulatory issues relating to a variety of information technology, industry, financial, communication, safety, human resources and other areas associated with company functions.
- Train and educate corporate and operating division teams on best practices, new regulations and/or requirements related to SOX, anti-corruption and export control regulations and company policies.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Manufacturing and/or Public Accounting experience.
- Demonstrates leadership competencies including motivation, resiliency, risk-taking, results orientation, vision, strategic thinking, analytical, process and governance skills.
- Works on multiple projects at the same time, to meet deadlines, and interact using strong interpersonal and team playing skills are expected.
- Prioritizes tasks and change focus as new information becomes available.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.