Quanex Building Products, a manufacturer of quality screen, roll formed metal components, metal embedded co-extrusions, vinyl extrusions, and fabricated assemblies servicing a variety of industries is seeking a Shipping Lead.
Responsible for leading, supervising and facilitating the Shipping process to prepare for shipment quality, window and door screen products as applicable to the assigned shift. This is accomplished by directing employees on your team as well as working with other departments to meet the needs of our external customers.
- Leading, coaching and developing the shipping department.
- Enforcing company and department policies including all safety rules and procedures including wearing PPE as required.
- Facilitating process improvements in the shipping area.
- Responsible for tracking internal product quality.
- Conduct daily quality and standard work audits and ensure others are doing daily audits on the production lines.
- Ensure shipping schedules are adhered to as required.
- Ensure cleaning checklists are adhered to as required.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Prior experience leading works teams is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Knowledgeable of the fenestration industry production process, capacity and constraints.
- Forklift Certification preferred.