Mikron Industries, a division of Quanex Building Products Corporation, is the leader in the manufacturing of vinyl and composite window door systems and leads the industry with highly automated extrusion manufacturing systems.
Mikron is currently in search of a Production Operator to work as part of a team maintaining a group of extruders to efficiently produce quality window parts that meet customer specifications with minimal downtime or waste.
- Makes and transports crates (wood or plastic) for window parts.
- Places parts into crates and labels according to packaging procedures and safe body mechanics.
- Performs quality checks on parts and documents results.
- Identifies and informs proper person of defects (sink lines, weaves).
- Anticipate the demand for needed materials by planning and monitoring the lines.
- Cuts and weighs product samples for Q.A., testing or customer.
- Records sold quantity, scrap quantity, line speed, SPC and O.E.E.
- Assists with set-ups and change-overs.
- Ensures hopper and water misters are properly filled and other process parameters are being followed.
- Cleans saw, saw-bags, down-streams, and extruder. Maintains excellent housekeeping protocol.
- May adjust extruder to ensure correct dimension and weight.
- May adjust calibrator blocks, die heats, extruder speed, water flow and vacuum to ensure correct dimension and surface.
- Carry various packaging materials to the designated areas in the team.
- Push finished product carts to the staging area, replace empty cart and pre-load the first stage of packaging.
- Keeps area clean and organized (cleans floor, machines, walls, etc.)
- Familiar with OSHA safety standards and SPC.
- One or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to read and understand packaging layouts and other manufacturing documentation.
- Ability to use air guns, banders, chop saw, hand tools, calipers, radial arm saws and other equipment as needed.
- Must be able to work any shift.