Lead, Material Handler
Material Handler Team Lead
May 16, 2019
May 28, 2019
Responsible for leading the work team in the movement of materials in and out of the facility in a safe, timely and efficient manner, focusing on meeting the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Establishes daily demand, employee rotation, and appropriate manpower plans.
- Establishes team goals and communicates progress and results
- Develops and implements employee training and development plans
- Monitors material handling processes continually, ensuring that they are being followed.
- Holds daily communication meetings with all employees to go over all safety alerts
- Leads safety accountability and improvement efforts for team.
- Meets routinely with manager to review processes
- Trains material handlers in all aspects of the job
- Leads continuous improvement projects
- Works with Manager to create personal development plans for mid and yearend reviews
- Trains and tests others for certification authorizing their operation of Powered Industrial Trucks
- Performs other material handling duties as needed
- Two (2) years’ manufacturing or logistics background.
- Understands, follows and upholds all Quanex cardinal rules and Mikron policies.
- Strong work ethic with the capability of leading others
- Good familiarity with OSHA safety standards as well as SPC, good manufacturing practices.
- Good communication skills with the ability to teach and coach others
- Good organization skills with the ability to manage workload, and that of others, accurately, and within established timelines.
- Ability to be flexible with work shift availability.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis.