Plan and direct the quality assurance department utilizing experience, analytical problem solving skills and leadership, to set employee goals and expectations, design and developing new procedures that meet or exceed customer requirements and minimizing defective products.
- Administer the AAMA certification program for all Mikron plants by budgeting and updating a third party independent lab to maintain compliance with industry requirements.
- Evaluate and make final approval on all new and revised tooling utilizing statistical methods and metrology to verify conformance to all quality standards and extrusion capabilities to ensure high quality and low scrap.
- Create, update and maintain the Mikron quality manual, which is utilized by all Mikron plants. This manual details all variable and attribute requirements as well as the correct measurement methods required for all Mikron extrusions, based on on-going process capability and GRR studies.
- Develop quality-training programs designed to educate extrusion personnel on product design requirements and expectations to meet customer requirements.
- Develop and implement new quality tools such as state of the art equipment and statistical programs for all Mikron plants designed to minimize scrap and achieve acceptable quality levels for the end user.
- Work directly with over customers to resolve any quality issues and prevent future reoccurrence, thereby reducing customer returns.
- Recruit and establish growth objectives for quality assurance personnel by aligning with current and future company requirements, in order to balance the necessary skill sets needed.
- Develop budget (personnel, capital expenditures, etc.) for the quality assurance department to maintain support of vinyl extrusion, composite extrusion and surface treatment departments.
- Work with product design and engineering to create products that satisfy both extrudability (to reduce scrap), and meet customer requirements.
- Create reports on current and past customer return history as a percent of sales for the Kent vinyl and composite plants as well as corporate results, to determine customer satisfaction index.
- Work to improve employee morale and retention.
- Bachelor degree, or combination of education and associated work experience required.
- 5 years previous experience within applicable industry.
- Strong leadership experience with the ability to coach, and influence others.
- Strong organization and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects, while quickly changing directions, and meeting agreed upon timelines.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to make and incorporate solution recommendations.
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, as well as relevant QA systems, SAP, and Time and Attendance systems.
- Strong professional and effective communication skills, across all levels of the organization.