Headquartered in Houston, Quanex Building Products Corporation is an industry-leading manufacturer of components sold to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the building products industry. Quanex designs and produces energy-efficient fenestration products in addition to kitchen and bath cabinet components. Quanex stands for building an inclusive, diverse culture that values innovation and continuous improvement and a place where success is fueled by passionate people who do what they love every day.
What’s expected in this role?
As the leader of the manufacturing plant, the Plant Manager is accountable for leading a team that meets or exceeds customer, productivity, quality and financial goals. With the ultimate responsibility for the P&L of this location, the Plant Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of plant operations and maintenance. This position supports company/division initiatives and balances strategic planning with day-to-day operational excellence. The Plant Manager is expected to establish and inspire a culture that embraces safety, teamwork, inclusion, accountability, employee development and open communication in a manner that positively impacts our employees, customers, community and key performance metrics.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a business related field. Experience in lieu of education.
- Ten or more years of progressive Manufacturing experience and a minimum of five years in a leadership role. A minimum of 5+ years of extrusion experience is highly preferred.
- Experience in working within fast paced, complex, dynamic business environment.
- People oriented and results driven.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building, coaching and the ability to build a culture and motivate people is required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical. Must be highly motivated and results oriented.
- Experience maintaining positive relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Strong skills in using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- A high degree of decision-making authority is required to maintain on-time delivery in this just-in-time/ship-by-shift environment.