Tooling Maintenance Team Lead
The Tooling Maintenance Lead will be responsible for leading a team and work with various departments in providing a fully functional tool to meet customer expectations in a quick, yet efficient manner using SPC and other resources available.
- Sets department priorities and assign work to employees.
- Diagnoses and corrects problems encountered running tooling on line.
- Plans and implements Quick Change procedures and tooling modifications.
- Works with other departments to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Operates Bridgeport for drilling, counter-boring, milling, etc.
- Trains employees on methods or equipment.
- Operates ultrasonic cleaner to maintain proper tooling profile finish.
- Completes forms or paperwork (tag lists, die requests, logbook, etc.)
- Operate Extrudehone machine to restore profile polish in dies after production run.
- Prepare tooling for production or testing set-up.
- Inspect tooling for wear, damage or other discrepancy and take appropriate action.
- Operate pressurized hot water unit to maintain calibration and conduct water pressure tests for leaks and proper flow.
- Wire, test, install and maintain heater bands and accessories.
- Enforces company policies and safety regulations (e.g. attendance, safety glasses)
- Understand set-up/operation of Die/Calibration systems
- Two years of experience working in Tooling Maintenance or Tooling Assembly.
- Able to read and understand blue prints.
- Familiar with OSHA safety standards and SPC.
- Must be able to work any shift.