Customer First Support Engineer
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Qlik R&D Customers First team is looking for a seasoned Customer First SME to join our team. This candidate will be part of a Global R&D Customer First team. The successful candidate will be an individual contributor with Data Analytics development and architecture experience.
You will undertake initiatives to improve R&D product release quality and deliver key serviceability enhancements that will improve the customer experience and enhance product support’s ability to diagnose and service the product in the field. This position will require occasional customer travel and frequent communication with pre-sales, support and all departments of R&D.
- The Customer First SME will work as an Interface of R & D with Customers and other functions (Support and Field Teams)
- Working on product issues reported by Support teams
- Investigation and Identification of root cause of issues reported by Client.
- Coordinating and implementing solutions with the extended R & D teams
- Creating and coordinating training and knowledge transfer to customer support and presales;
- The Customer First SME will prepare deep technical knowledge around the Data integration software and deliver that to our Field team members to increase their Technical level with our software.
- Engaging the R&D product release process and establishing a customer advocacy role, whereby the voice of the customer is represented during release sign-off and software development;
- Collaborate with Product Management to ensure customer technical requests are being examined by the product leaders.
- Ensuring root cause analysis are conducted for customer escalations and establishing a consistent practice across R&D;
- Continuously ensure that product log data are being examined to address customers escalations with R&D leaders
- Conducting and organizing training for R&D teams on the roles and accountability of the customer success processes; The Customer First SME will prepare deep technical knowledge around the Data integration software and deliver that to our various R&D team members to increase their Technical level with the field usage of our software.
- Identifying and driving improvements to system logging, alarming, and diagnostics;
- The Customer First SME will prepare deep technical knowledge around the logging facilities of the products to enhance the supportability of the Product together with the R&D leaders.
- Identifying top customer issues seen in field and prioritizing a corrective plan in liaison with customer first leaders;
- Ensuring root cause analysis are conducted for top customers’ escalations and establishing a consistent practice across R&D;
- Developing process improvements for Quality Engineering for test escapes into the field;
- The Customer First SME will work together with the Product Quality team to ensure increasing the stability of the software.
- Collaborating with customer first leaders, solution architects and presales to ensure that best engineering practices are adopted in the field.
- The Customer First SME will work together with the Pre-sales team to ensure that deals are not being blocked because of any technical defect and ensure the successful completion of the pre-sales activities.
- Occasional travel to site as a customer advocate to collect customer feedback and share with teams.
- The Customer First SME will sometimes need to be on site working with the customers and the R&D team to ensure resolution of any technical escalation.
You will be successful if you have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent
- 7+year of experience Software Industry
- Strong experience in SQL and PL SQL with Oracle, SQL Server, MYSQL, PostgreSQL
- To have hands on experience handling and resolving customers problems.
- Analyzing logs providing insights and reproducing issues reported on LAB environments
- Independent person that will be able to take responsibility on the issues he is handling and reporting them to developers.
- Also need to be a team player so the issues will be moving on follow the sun principle and this require being part of a team
- Passionate to resolve complicate issues on a proper manner and with the correct priority/
- Investigation and Identification of root cause of issues reported by Support
- Ticket resolution , analyze and work with R&D to provide solutions.
- Experience of working with Data Access Technology e.g. ODBC
- Knowledge of Database administration
- Knowledge of working with Data Analytics development and architecture pertinent to same
- Experience in designing and building Datawarehouse, Data Lakes, Data Marts
- Deep Troubleshooting skills - MUST
- Experience of working with products in Cloud is a big plus
- Systems knowledge of Windows and Linux platforms
- Experience of working with cross functional teams – support, sales, presales, customer success teams
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is located in Bangalore, India
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.