Software Development Manager
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The Cognitive Analytics team at Qlik needs an accomplished Software Development Manager to lead our growing team in Vadodara, delivering Natural Language, Machine Learning, and Cognitive Services in support of the industry leading Qlik analytics platform. If you have a track record of predictably delivering high quality software, are passionate about developing great people and love to innovate, this is a great opportunity to lead a high-profile team at one of the hottest technology companies in Business Analytics.
You will be successful if you enjoy
- Challenging and inspiring your team to deliver great software following the principles of agile development;
- Enabling the team by coaching, removing roadblocks, clarifying priorities, and working with relevant stakeholders;
- Collaborating with Product Managers, Product Designers and other stakeholders to prioritize backlogs and maintain your roadmap;
- Managing individual features through the prototyping, design, development and delivery phases – including deployment to cloud;
- Managing quality – attending to defects, orchestrating automated testing, prioritizing technical debt and architectural spikes where appropriate; supporting enterprise customers by attending to problem investigations and managing escalations;
- Understanding your team members’ strengths and providing opportunities for them to learn, and develop;
- Innovating within our software delivery process to compete vigorously with the very best software teams in the world; and
- Leading feature teams across multiple geographies and time zones.
You will thrive if you have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent.
- Software Development Experience of 8 to 12 years.
- Proven track record of leading engineering teams, including requirements analysis, design, peer review, build and release, QA and test processes, task estimation, maintenance and support.
- Deep technical knowledge and solid architectural instincts – particularly in the areas of microservices, and ideally with machine learning and other advanced technologies.
- Knowledge of agile continuous delivery – able to lead teams writing production ready code that is deployed continuously with fully automated testing.
- Full stack development experience with Java Script, React, Angular, C#, Node.js, Golang, python.
- Experience of working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working successfully across geographies and cultures.
- Interest in or exposure to Analytics, Data Management, Machine Learning, Natural Language, and related fields.
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is located in Vadodara, India.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.