Software Developer – Fullstack
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
You will be part of the GeoAnalytics & Visualization team that develops state of the art geographic features and visualizations in Qlik. We provide worldclass visualizations as well as advanced analytics features. We work with programming languages such as Go, Java and TypeScript and build software with a micro-service architecture with a modern development stack, including Docker, Kubernetes, Helm etc.
We are primarily a full-stack team and looking for a new full-stack team member. You will work tightly with highly engaged co-workers in your team and get the advantages of working in a smaller team with a lot of responsibility and influence, and at the same time get the upsides of being part of a bigger organization. We take pride in driving and nurturing an inner source development philosophy, sharing our work and engaging with our developer community directly through tools like GitHub and Slack. We are committed to an awesome developer experience.
This position is in Gothenburg. You will work in a team with colleagues both onsite and remote. Work-life balance is something we value at Qlik.
How you will spend your time as our next software developer
You create and release small increments of value, with quality, multiple times per day. You will constantly evolve and learn new things.
- Play a key role in the development of cloud services, visualizations and geographically related features
- Work effectively with other development team members and teams on all aspects of the process including design, implementation, testing, and documentation.
- Ensure that deliverables meet requirements and recommend alternatives where appropriate.
- Communicate and collaborate with developers and architects across the global organization
You will be successful if you
- Have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or similar)
- Value teamwork for results
- Have a genuine interest in software development
- Know Go, TypeScript and Node.js
- Previous experience of working in an Agile environment
- Have knowledge and experience working with Docker, Kubernetes
- Ability to articulate current status, blocking issues, and task estimates
- Ability to work both as a team and as an individual
- Strong sense of responsibility and good at taking initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written English skills as the company language is English
You will thrive if you
- Previous experience of working with map or geographic analysis software is a plus
- It is an advantage if you have experience with Git, JIRA, JUnit, Jenkins, AngularJS
- Have experience and interest in developing Cloud (such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud) solutions and architecture, including monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Have a broad technical interest and like to stay up to date on the latest advances in the software field.
- Previous experience from working in Open Source projects
- Love taking initiative and serious about continuous learning
- Passionate about data and its power to simplify decisions
Location and application
The position is based in Gothenburg, Sweden. If you think this position is interesting, you are welcome with your complete application in English. Apply as soon as possible as we are working continuously with the applications for this assignment.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.