What you'll do in this role:
- Lead customers in the application of Chef products and services offerings to meet Customer Business Outcomes. This may include white-boarding and helping design an architecture one day and aiding in overcoming technical and cultural blockers the next!
- Own the technical relationship with a portfolio of accounts, and partner with the other members of the account team (Customer Success Manager, Regional Sales Director, and Solutions Architect) to define and execute account strategy
- Be the customers’ champion inside of Chef, advocating for them with Support, Product, Engineering, and other groups
- Recommend product improvements based on customers’ experiences.
- Act as a trusted advisor to customers, staying up to date on the ever-evolving state of technology, including both technology that is inside Chef, and in complementary/competitive fields outside of Chef.
- Willingness to learn and a growth mindset may substitute for specific qualifications below - If you have a passion for DevOps, we’d love to meet you, even if you don’t feel you tick every box!
- Extensive demonstrated experience in systems engineering/administration or software development
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a dynamic and engaging presentation style that inspires confidence
- Deep understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools and principles
- Experience in using Continuous Delivery practices to release to production
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding of the work engineers, architects, managers, and others do in the building, releasing, and maintaining software
- Experience using Agile and/or Lean techniques, such as Scrum and Kanban
- Familiarity with cloud-native design patterns, microservices, and modern web-scale architectures
- Skill navigating organizations and creating alliances to resolve problems
- Willing to work in US time zone - 6:30 PM IST to 3:30 AM IST
- This section lists some extra things we’d love to see in candidates, but don’t consider essential:
- Expert-level working knowledge of Chef Software, including Chef Infra Client and Server, Chef InSpec, and/or Chef Habitat
- Experience engaging with the Chef Open Source Community
- Experience with IT Audit and Compliance process and tools
- Yak shaving proficiency
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, casual leave, maternity and paternity leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for the employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!