Recently named as one of LA's Best Places to work in 2019, Prodege, LLC, an internet and media company that is dedicated to “creating rewarding moments” for its members by rewarding them with more than $700 million in cash and free gift cards since inception. Prodege is comprised of four consumer brands — Swagbucks, MyPoints, ShopAtHome, and InboxDollars— which deliver engaging content and valuable rewards to more than 100 million members worldwide. Prodege's complementary suite of business solutions helps brands boost engagement with consumers by making it easy to gather insights, listen to their audience and gain further exposure to drive brand loyalty.
We are currently hiring for a Systems Automation Engineer to join our Technical Operations Team.
The primary role of the Systems Automation Engineer is provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The Systems Automation Engineer participates in technical research, design, development, and continuing innovation within the infrastructure ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures are properly maintained and documented.
The Systems Automation Engineer is, alongside the Technical Operations team, accountable for the following:
- Maintain Prodege technology assets, uptime, and system integrity
- Linux and Windows systems that support Prodege infrastructure
- DNS management
- Engineering and provisioning
- Operations and support
- Maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation
- Operate with a devops mentality, automate what can be automated using Chef, avoid repeating tasks manually
- Active Directory user/group management for production systems.
- Amazon Web Services account management and maintenance of cloud assets and resources
Systems Engineering and Provisioning:
- Engineering of infrastructure-as-code and configuration management recipes for systems and related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
Operations and Support:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Alongside our Director of Security, perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off-site as necessary
- Perform regular file/log archival and purge as necessary
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Provide Tier 3/other support per request from various departments, generally Customer Service or Compliance. Investigate and troubleshoot issues
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted departments
- Runbooks - Creation, updates, and maintenance of best practices and how-to's
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment where applicable
The following are strongly preferred:
- A year or more of production experience with Chef as a configuration management tool.
- A year or more of production experience with cloud provisioning with Terraform and the software development lifecycle (using IAC to deliver Dev, QA..).
One or more of the following preferred:
- Bachelor's (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Linux and Microsoft
- Three or more years of system administration experience, Windows Server and Ubuntu or Centos
- Three or more years of experience with configuration management tools. I.e. Chef or Puppet
- Three or more years of experience with cloud provisioning automation tools with software development lifecycle (using IAC to deliver Dev, QA..). I.e Terraform, ARM or Cloudformation