Mid-Level Acquisition Specialist
The candidate will perform the following duties:
- Responsible for the analysis and evaluation of contracting matters, and the initiation, development, and recommendation of contracting policies, procedures, guidance, and control for subordinate contracting activities within a department or agency.
- Facilitate the award of all assigned purchase requests, and support AMS
- Facilitate the continued administration of contracts and other agreements in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and HHS regulations and policies.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 year experience in federal government acquisitions for supplies and services.
- Must be capable of handling support for acquisitions that are more complex than junior level; that may include more complicated contract types such as time-andmaterials and labor-hour; that may include some limited use of cost-type contracts (such as noncompetitive ones or those under existing vehicles such as under FAR 16.505); utilizing more sophisticated source selection techniques, such as tradeoff analysis.
- Skill in written communications sufficient to develop and publish departmental regulations and other material.
- Desired Bachelor's Degree with at least 24 hours in Business classes
- Must have a current National Agency Check with Inquiries security investigation.