Civil Engineer/Environmental Engineer II
The candidate will perform the following duties:
- Provides professional engineering expertise in the oversight of FTA-funded major capital transit projects.
- Review project sponsors’ plans for civil works and supporting documentation to ensure that projects are being built safely, on budget, on schedule, within scope, and in conformance with applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Serve as a technical resource and subject matter expert in the area of civil engineering for transit projects.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of overall experience as a Civil Engineer/Environmental Engineer, 5 of the 10 years of experience with major capital transit projects, and 3 of the 10 years of experience as an Engineer of Record
- Experience with station design and architecture including experience with the Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities (ADAAG) guidelines and level boarding is desirable.
- Experience with seismology is preferred.
- Experience with geotechnical analysis including planning, design and construction of tunnels, shallow foundations and other underground works is preferred.
- Resume shall demonstrate experience in Project Planning, Engineering, Design and Construction of major capital projects including passenger rail or related transportation modes
- Resume shall demonstrate a minimum of 3 years of experience as an Engineer of Record where the candidate was responsible for reviewing and sealing drawings.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) is required
- Must have a current Public Trust or higher