Acquisition Subject Matter Expert (Sr)
The candidate will assist with the development of acquisition strategies for accomplishing current and future acquisition requirements, including determining the method for accomplishing the acquisition (e.g., full and open competition, limited competition, SBA set aside 8(a), Federal Supply Schedule (FSS), Government Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC), etc.), determining the optimal contract type, projecting the resources needed, and documenting best practices.
The Acquisition SME will be responsible for:
- Assisting Program Offices with developing acquisition strategies and providing advice on contractual matters as it pertains to the acquisition planning stages.
- Planning, preparing, tracking and maintaining pre and post award acquisition documents, and preparing, reviewing, editing, and updating draft Acquisition Plans. Ensuring that Acquisition Plans address all the technical, business, management, and other significant considerations that control the acquisition process.
- Conducting market research and providing written analysis of past purchases and current market value for similar services; developing draft Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE) documents; reviewing and documenting historical prices paid for like services; and performing comparative analysis of like or similar requirements.
- Preparing, reviewing and editing draft SOWs, Statement of Objectives (SOOs), and Performance Work Statements (PWSs) (including performance measures, performance requirements, and/or metrics). Ensuring documents are in compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Homeland Security Acquisition Regulation (HSAR), CBP Procurement Directorate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS), as well as relevant stakeholder inputs (requirements).
- Using Sharepoint to track and maintain open documents.
- Preparing, reviewing, and editing various draft acquisition support documentation required by law, regulation or agency policy. These documents include, but not limited to, Inter-Agency Agreement (IAA), Justifications and Approvals (J &A), Bona Fide Needs Statements and Plans of Action & Milestones (POAMs)
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience Candidates MUST have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in acquisition and in developing acquisition documentation.
- Highly desired is Department of Homeland Security/Customs Border Protection (CBP) Acquisition Program Management experience and knowledge / understanding of FAR, HSAR and CBP processes, procedures, and regulations.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- Proficient in the full suite of Microsoft Office and Microsoft SharePoint
- Bachelors Degree
Candidates must meet one of the two requirements: 1) Have an active Security Clearance (DHS/CBP clearance preferable), or 2) Have had a Security Clearance in the past (preferably within the last 2 years). Candidates must be able to pass a CBP background investigation.