The candidate will perform the following duties:
- Provides cost estimation expertise in the oversight of FTA-funded major capital transit projects.
- Reviews project sponsors’ cost estimate for the project and supporting documentation to ensure that projects are being built safely, on budget, on schedule, within scope, and in conformance with applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Serves as a technical resource and subject matter expert in the area of transit project budgeting and cost estimation.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years of cost estimating experience on large capital projects
- Minimum of 3 years as Cost Estimating Manager in passenger rail or related transportation modes
- Must have experience in analysis of engineering systems and project management
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related field
- Desired: Registration as Certified Cost Consultant (CCC)/Certified Cost Engineer
- Must have a current Public Trust or higher