Contract Specialist I (DOL)
The Senior Contract Specialist I shall:
- Assist the Contracting Officer in conducting reviews of acquisition documents submitted by the Program Office to determine adequacy and sufficiency. Such as, market research reports, acquisition plans, request for quotes, request for proposals, etc.
- Support the Contracting Officer in source selections and will be required to sign Organizational Conflicts of Interest (OCI) and Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDAs). All source selection evaluation information made accessible to Contractor personnel shall be protected and treated as “Source Selection Sensitive” information as defined in FAR 2.101 and pursuant to 3.104, Procurement Integrity. All source selection information shall be marked as such.
- Prepare modifications for various contractual actions to include, but not limited to, contracts, purchase/delivery/task orders, blanket purchase agreements, indefinite delivery contracts, as necessary.
- Complete all assigned orders within the agency’s and CO’s established milestones.
- Complete and handle all files in accordance with acquisition regulations and DOL local policies and procedures.
- Administer and/or closeout Government contractual vehicles in accordance with regulatory guidance and DOL procedures.
- Participate in meetings as required. Meetings include acquisition planning meetings, pre-award conferences, periodic progress review meetings and other meetings as required by the Contracting Officer. During period review meetings, the Contracting Officer (CO) and/or Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) will address performance issues, if any, and appropriate actions to be taken. Attendance in the meetings shall be at no extra cost to the Government.
- Assist the Contracting Officer in preparing responses to Freedom of Information Requests and Protests actions.
- Special Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience Candidates MUST have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in federal contracting.
- In-depth working knowledge of federal procurement regulations and policies.
- Ability to perform complex cost and/or price analysis functions.
- Be knowledgeable and experience using electronic media, including Microsoft Office software (Work, Excel, Power-point, etc.).
- Ability to quickly grasp procurement terms, methodologies, and processes.
- Prepare contract files and associated electronic document and create procurement actions (e.g., contract, order, mod) for execution of all subsequent orders placed against the Blanket Purchase Agreement.
- Excellent writing skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Be familiar with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) or Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) Level I is desired, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 24 semester hours in business related coursework
- Candidates must receive and maintain a Secret Security Clearance (current National Agency Check with Inquiries).