Acquisition/Procurement Specialist III (DOL)
The Acquisition/Logistics Specialist III shall:
- Provide support and assistance to Senior Contract Specialists in essentially all areas of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Provide support in technical writing, acquisition planning and strategy, and market research.
- Ensure compliance with program and administrative regulations.
- Prepare simplified purchase orders and modifications.
- Log and track contract quotes, requests for modifications, and reports.
- Provide assistance with functions supporting the procurement business process.
Special Qualifications and Experience:
- Experienced candidates MUST have a minimum of 3 years relevant business or procurement experience, at least of two of which are highly relevant to the procurement or logistics environment.
- Must be able to provide advice and assistance to program offices, vendors, grantees, or other constituent individuals or organizations.
- Shall have some knowledge of federal procurement regulations and policies.
- Shall have strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Software.
- Excellent writing skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Able to quickly grasp procurement terms, methodologies, and processes, prepare Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) files and associated.
- Must be able to work independently on moderately complex tasks.
- 24 semester hours in business related coursework.
- Candidates must receive and maintain a Secret Security Clearance (current National Agency Check with Inquiries).