Strategic Planning and Programming Resource Analyst
• Provides expertise on research, programmatic and execution analytics in support of AF Readiness. Conducts a working level knowledge of AF organizational structure, AF Operations as well as strategic, planning and programming, budget and execution, data elements, and related products.
• Knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of command level plans and programs for conducting major operations such as rescue, mission and flight operations, tactical airlift, deployment, mobilization, exercise, rescue, foreign military sales, Planning, Programming, and Budgeting and Executions System (PPBES), acquisition, special operations, or similar operations.
• Understanding and operation of applicable PPBES data systems, to include ASARS, ABIDES, PBES, CRIS, DEAMS, and others as required.
• Provide advanced knowledge and understanding of program requirements and operational efficiencies, readiness, manpower, and modernization, top-level fiscal and strategic guidance in support of AF policies and strategies, DoD Strategic Planning Process and quick-turn assessments.
• Assist AF to assess, defend and articulate readiness issues at the AF Corporate Structure, Defense, and Congressional deliberations.
• Analyze actual and predictable interacting operational activities of a military or governmental business system to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision- making or resource allocation as it pertains to readiness.
• Perform analysis and database activities associated with the PPBE cycle. Analyze budgetary and programmatic information, apply probability and statistical techniques to analyzing large and complex data sets, as well as cost analysis studies for substantive programs and support activities.
• Provide detailed guidance and analysis of budgetary and programmatic functions, apply probability and statistical techniques to analyze large and complex data sets, for the development and assessment of independent studies, analyses, reports, and cost estimates supporting AF leadership.
• Establish reliable and consistent process and/or capability to provide quick-turn decision support (two hour to four day response from question will be required approx. once every month).
• Provide recommendations on high visibility plans and decisions of senior management officials and resource allocation process regarding planning and acquisition of major upgrades and new system capabilities.
• Recommend guidance for and provide support to planners on fiscal planning and development for the annual Program Objective Memorandum (POM) supporting AF rationale concerning planned changes to Future Year Defense Plan (FYDP).
• Apply in-depth analytic and evaluative skills to determine the actions necessary to support a variety of major missions and operational plans that are compatible with previous OSD decisions, AF strategy, policies, concepts and objectives, and congressional decisions, to provide the most beneficial range of alternatives to AF leadership.
• Represent and assist the organization in meetings, steering groups, working groups, and seminars relating to assigned programs to discuss and provide recommendations on issues of common interest necessary for a thorough AF corporate structure review. The Government will provide the Contractor direction for these meetings and will be the final decision maker for any changes or recommendations.
• Prepares AF senior leaders to defend and articulate the AF position at all levels of engagement. This entails engaging management and coordination with Air Staff action officers and program element managers in a timely manner to meet suspense timelines.
• Assist and articulate analysis and recommendations in a timely manner through briefings, email, staff packages, messages (both written and verbal), etc., to ensure programmatic databases and supporting briefing inputs are complete to support AF leadership and external agencies.
• Analyze and evaluate effects of high-level decisions/impacts (Presidential, Congressional, Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Staff (JS)) on AF budgetary and programmatic strategies.
• Support the AF in responding to JS and OSD requirements such as Resource Management Decisions and other readiness requirements as directed by the Government.
• Schedule and conduct team meetings necessary to develop all deliverables.
• Provide both appropriate technical and analytical in-depth experience to address directed study activities such as: Support for AF Panels, Boards, and Councils as well as the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, & Execution (PPBE) development process.
• Apply knowledge of the funding, budget execution, cash management, financial reporting, and other operational activities within the DoD / AF to recommend process improvement actions and risk mitigation methods.
• Provide support in developing high quality work products and various deliverables, to include working papers, plans of action and milestones, and recommendations by the specified due dates as the Government deems necessary.
• The Contractor shall provide support services to resource management projects and the PEM(s) by preparing, analyzing, maintaining, and presenting PPBE Documentation. The Contractor shall assist in the development and coordination of executive level briefings for presentation to HQ USAF, DoD, and Joint meetings.
• Provide analytical support to defend and articulate the United States Air Force personnel force structure, capabilities, and capacities during ongoing OSD-led defense reviews Deputy’s Management Action Group (DMAGs), Roles and Missions, Quadrennial Defense Review (QDR) and Program Decision Memorandum (PDM).
• Provide responsive and requested Budgetary and Appropriation data analysis while adhering to Government standards provided for congressional activities within the AF and DoD. The Contractor shall maintain and provide a daily log of the key justification documents, which shall be available to the Government upon its request.
• Integrate program requirements and budget inputs from the Air Staff and Major Command sources into a coherent presentation format for AF/A3TR leadership, and provide support or act by the direction of the Government, as a Headquarters Air Force Project Officer in order to effectively defend AF Readiness equities for programs and budgets as they proceed through the AF, DoD, and Congressional corporate process.
• Develops strategies for AF operations and successful execution of the President’s Budget.
• Conducts analysis of financial functions supporting AF including operational, technical, and acquisition analysis in support of AF leadership.
• Monitors and assists in preparation of operational Training and Readiness program elements for development and inclusion into the AF Corporate Structure and coordination of executive level briefings and annual budget criteria to ensure continued AF combat capability.
• Perform broad range of operations research assignments to include analysis of budget and program costs, force structure, and manpower support.
• Utilizes tools and methodologies in support of AF corporate structure and the AF resource allocation process and integrates with predictive readiness models, tools, analysis and methodologies.
• Provides recommendations that have significant impact on the plans and decisions of senior AF management officials and resource allocation process regarding planning and acquisition of major upgrades and new system capabilities.
• Participates in studies, analyses, and evaluations to ensure AF/A3TR positions and equities are correctly addressed in the findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
• Represents the organization or hosts/chairs meetings, steering groups, working groups, and seminars relating to assigned programs to discuss and resolve issues of common interest necessary for a thorough AF corporate structure review. The Government will provide the Contractor direction for these meetings and will is the final decision maker for any changes or recommendations.
• Provides research material, prepares briefings, prepares books, writes talking papers, conducts analyses, and prepares briefing materials in support of AF/A3TR predictive readiness analysis team and other AF projects. This includes summaries of meetings attended and solutions resolved.
• Prepares AF senior leaders to defend and articulate the AF position at all levels of engagement. This entails engaging management and coordination with air staff action officers and program element managers in a timely manner to meet suspense timelines.
• Maintains a continuous liaison with other Air Staff, other service headquarters counterparts, and DoD offices to integrate AF SPPBE, Congressional, and AF support actions.
• Synchronizes with AF predictive analysis team and other staff members to ensure ABIDES/ASARS/PBES (or designated databases and software tools/packages) and supporting briefing inputs are complete prior to start of AF group and board deliberations.
• Analyzes and evaluates effects of high-level decisions/impacts (Presidential, Congressional, OSD, JCS/JS) on AF funding and programming strategies and the ability to meet directed fielding requirements for near and long term planning. Integrates this analysis into predictive readiness models, processes, and other analytic products.
• Performs all other analytic tasks in support of AF and/or as directed by the senior predictive readiness analyst
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Shall have a minimum of 5 - 10 years of combined experience that includes analysis and military service at the tactical, operational, and strategic levels.
• Shall have a minimum of 2 years of experience in analysis of PPBE matters including POM, acquisition, and/or program management and relating corporate processes to operational readiness outcomes.
• Shall have a minimum of 3 years of experience on or supporting the Air Staff or an equivalent strategic level staff.
• Shall have experience in a variety of budget analytic functions involving formulation, execution, and analysis of budgets and economic as well as cost analysis studies for substantive programs and support activities.
• Shall be cognizant of the PPBE process, workflow management, staff action expertise, and process continuity.
• Master’s Degree in a field relevant to PPBE: (i.e., Management, Business Administration, Strategic Planning, Programming/Budgeting, Financial Management, Accounting, and Statistics). Demonstrate a correlation between academic degree and PPBE-related competency necessary to contribute to predictive readiness analytic team.
• Excellent customer relationship management skills
• Proficient in the full suite of Microsoft Office
• Shall be able to articulate findings in a timely manner through briefings, email, staff packages, messages (both written and verbal).
• Shall be able to apply expert analytic and evaluative skills to determine the actions necessary to support a variety of major missions and operational plans that are compatible with previous OSD decisions, AF strategy, policies, concepts and objectives, and congressional decisions, to provide the most beneficial range of alternatives to AF leadership.