Research Data Analyst
- Work with the Director of Institutional Effectiveness to support the design and use of evaluation results and analysis to facilitate university-wide conversations on institutional assessment and
- planning at NIU.
- Consult with faculty and administration to conduct and use assessment; designing assessment tools and measures; analyzing and interpreting assessment; preparing studies and reports.
- Inventory assessment information and instruments used at NIU for purposes of external accreditation, such as the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Be responsible for maintaining assessment and evaluation databases; validating the accuracy and security of the information developed, merged, and reported.
- Identify problem areas associated with the assessment activities of the university and recommend solutions and strategies for continuous improvement.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Business Administration, Education or closely related field
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- At least 4 years of knowledge and experience with both quantitative and qualitative data research analysis required.
- Knowledge of and experience with higher education policy and research desired.
- Experience with analysis of large survey data sets, survey administration, data analysis, and evaluation.
- Strong analytical, critical and strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision- making skills.
Candidates MUST have a current Top Secret Sensitive Compartment Information (TS/SCI) Clearance with SCI current within 2 years.