Accounts Payable Team Lead
Premier Research helps highly innovative bio-pharmaceutical and medical device companies transform life-changing ideas into reality. We take on the most challenging areas of study, with a special focus on unmet needs in such areas as analgesia, CNS, rare diseases, medical device and diagnostics, and pediatric research.
We’re looking for a talented and energetic Accounts Payable Team Lead to join our team! Working at Premier Research means being an individual - you will be recognised for what you do and you will truly have an impact.
You will be working in a friendly environment with colleagues who are genuinely supportive regardless of location or seniority. Premier Research is on an exciting journey - there is a true buzz throughout the company, so come and be part of it!
The Team Leader, Accounts Payable will:
- Support the Global Accounts Payable Manager in overseeing all aspects of Accounts Payable
- Ensure team members are meeting deadlines and working in the most efficient and productive manner
- Take the lead in creating an environment that promotes smooth, efficient operations and effective collaboration
- Assist Global Accounts Payable Manager with troubleshooting and problem resolution as needed
- Create and promote a culture of open communication and an inspiring team environment
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Identify training needs and provide coaching to team members
- Standard A/P Specialist tasks as assigned by Global Accounts Payable Manager (i.e. processing invoices and expense reports for one or more countries) if required
- Maintain familiarity with all aspects of Accounts Payable processes including country specific nuances
- Assist the Finance Specialist, PremierPay with processing and problem resolution related to the Investigator Payment System (PremierPay) as needed
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of the Procurement/Purchase Order System
- Assist with forecasting A/P payments and cash management functions within the Accounts Payable department
- Assist with completing the annual US 1099 Forms and annual Canadian T2200 Forms
- Other activities as assigned by the Global Accounts Payable Manager
EDUCATION, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Educational Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Three to five years full service Accounts Payable experience
- Experience with multi-currency and foreign language invoice processing
- Expertise and know-how
- Knowledge of the various systems used by the Accounts Payable department including but not limited to Costpoint, PremierPay, Jaegger Procurement, Microsoft Office with strong skills in Excel.
- Premier Research specific software knowledge is not required but must have the technical skills to learn new systems quickly.
- Personal skills & behaviours
- Fluent verbal and written English language skills
- Excellent leadership skills, team player, collaborative and able to build an effective team
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, able to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Accountable, dependable and strong commitment
- Customer service focused in approach to work both internally and externally
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, having a positive outlook and a “can do” approach to challenges
- Maintains a positive, results orientated work environment