Principal/Associate Director Data Management - Operations (Oncology)
Premier Research helps highly innovative bio-pharmaceutical and medical device companies transform life-changing ideas into reality. We take on the most challenging areas of study, with a special focus on unmet needs in such areas as analgesia, CNS, rare diseases, medical device and diagnostics, and pediatric research.
We’re looking for a talented and energetic Principal/Associate Director, Data Operations to join our team!
Working at Premier Research means being an individual - you will be recognised for what you do and you will truly have an impact. You will be working in a friendly environment with colleagues who are genuinely supportive regardless of location or seniority. Premier Research is on an exciting journey - there is a true buzz throughout the company, so come and be part of it!
As the Sr. Manager, Data Operations, you’ll have the opportunity to ensure the successful operation of both individual and team projects, as well as management of assigned personnel within our very strong Functional Services department. You’ll mentor and directly supervise all direct reports, ensure client satisfaction, and participate in initiatives for improving quality, utilization, efficiency, and resourcing.
You’ll be Responsible for:
- Recruit and manage data operations staff including staff resourcing, communicating job expectations; plan, monitor, and appraise job results; coach and counsel employees; develop, coordinate, and enforce policies, procedures, and productivity standards; administer financial compensation for direct reports and proposes adjustments (e.g., promotions, market adjustments, etc.) to departmental senior management; manage the resource allocation and utilization for his or her team in conjunction with the project goals for the department
- Manage data operations projects by ensuring quality and customer service; analyze and resolve quality and customer service problems; identify trends and recommend system improvements
- Build and maintain long-term rapport and relationships with customers to ensure their expectations are continuously exceeded. Take the initiative to understand customers’ technical and business challenges and identify ways to improve on and expand the scope of existing relationships
- Support business development activities by participating in project costing estimates, proposal reviews/change order management and proposal defenses as needed
- Represent Functional Services in audits and in corporate initiatives, as appropriate
- May be assigned study related activities such as data manager, database developer, or related role as a working manager
- Participate in strategic management and decision making with the management team for Functional Services and provide regular updates of team activities to upper management
You’ll need this to be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree, or international equivalent from an accredited institution, preferably in a technical, programming, clinical, biological, scientific, or health-related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 5 to 7 years of people management experience with proven ability to supervise staff, encourage teamwork and develop team capabilities; strong leadership skills; ability to build and motivate teams to achieve results; ability to influence and inspire action through strong decision-making skills; proven ability to mentor others by instructing and developing capabilities alternately, must have proven experience in all primary job functions.
- 7 to 10 years of practical experience managing clinical trial data or commercial clinical trial management systems and/or electronic data capture products. Alternately, must have proven experience in all primary job functions.
- Must have oncology trial experience and be hands-on with data management responsibilities
- Strong experience with at least one Clinical Data Management System (e.g. DataLabs, Medidata Rave, Inform, Oracle Clinical, etc.)
- Demonstrates excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organization skills, able to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Proven ability to drive a successful customer experience through positive customer interactions, provision of quality and timely deliverables, and task ownership