Premier Research helps highly innovative bio-pharmaceutical and medical device companies transform life-changing ideas into reality. We take on the most challenging areas of study, with a special focus on unmet needs in such areas as Rare Diseases, Pediatrics, Oncology, Neuroscience, Analgesia, and Medical Device and Diagnostics.
We’re looking for a talented and energetic Informatics Analyst to join our team!
Working at Premier Research means being an individual - you will be recognised for what you do and you will truly have an impact. You will be working in a friendly environment with colleagues who are genuinely supportive regardless of location or seniority. Premier Research is on an exciting journey - there is a true buzz throughout the company, so come and be part of it!
As an Informatics Analyst, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work independently on the collection, analysis and presentation of essential informatics and site outreach data within Premier Research’s Therapeutic and Device Program Management (TDPM). This would be for pre-award internal assessments and all stages of the study bidding process, as well as supporting paid feasibility work. You’ll also be able to attend and present at bid defense meetings.
In this role, you’ll be able to manage this critical activity for Premier Research during the sales process and study start-up. Specific patient access plans per country will be fundamental for Premier Research to secure the multi-country Phase I to Phase IV studies of which we target. Such planning will also be crucial for achieving timely patient recruitment milestones post study award, thus having a positive effect on revenue stream.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Review protocol and client supporting documents to ensure good understanding of the requirements for study; Review internal data and external literature to obtain a background understanding of Premier Research experience, country specific treatment patterns, available medications and competitive studies/market for disease areas to support Request For Proposals (RFP)
- Collaborate with Business Development, Program Strategists, Operations, Regulatory, Medical Affairs and Proposal Analysts to support proposal development to understand, assess and meet client requirements
- Design protocol specific site-level electronic feasibility questionnaires to collect metrics based data, collate responses and analyse data to provide regularly updated summary report to proposal team for review
- Identify key information to be collated from local Study Start-Up Associates to support country strategy development; Identify patient sources and flow, i.e. diagnosis, referral and treatment/care pathways in each country, in order to support the proposal bid and ultimately the project delivery post award; Compile the data into a report based on available data, together with the study team, make a recommendation on country selection, type of sites, numbers of sites, number of patients per country and recruitment timelines for inclusion in the proposal
- Write up medical informatics results and recommendations on strategic patient recruitment delivery plan for inclusion in proposals and/or feasibility reports and bid defense slides
- Maintain spreadsheets and databases to capture and store metrics based medical informatics data for historical reference; Maintain a library of medical informatics results tables and final reports for future reference
- Encourage progression of Informatics Analysts for their development and training by sharing expertise; Mentor and train junior level staff; Drive process improvement
- Perform direct site outreach as well as serve as the point contact for parties involved with assigned medical informatics assessments
- Attend and present at bid defense meetings
- Undertake scientific literature reviews in collaboration with the medical strategist to understand treatment patterns, guidelines, standards of care and available medications for therapeutic disease areas within sponsor areas of focus.
You’ll Need This to be Considered:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in a clinical, biological, scientific, or health-related field; postgraduate degree (MSc, MPhil or PhD) in a clinical, biological, scientific, or health-related field preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a global feasibility related role. Clinical trials support or pharmaceutical industry experience required with knowledge of the clinical trial process.
- Proven to work and interact successfully with internal functional areas and external clients/vendors/sites to meet project specific goals.
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications, Clinical Trial Databases (e.g. Citeline), and of web-based communication tools for conferences
- Ability to travel to attend and present at bid defense meetings.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills demonstrating credibility in customer facing situations; High quality written communication skills with ability to tailor writing style to specific instances.
- Proven organizational and time-management skills with the strong ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work effectively in a fast-paced, proactive and data-driving environment with competing priorities.
- Recognized analytical skills High competency in data analysis skills to collect and analyze all data, ensuring the optimal strategy is proposed; ability to use complex models built within Excel for data analysis.
- Maintains a positive results-oriented work environment. Strong people management skills to motivate and enthuse the team.
- Excellent team player with a customer service focus; accountable, dependable and strong commitment to work as #oneteam; Self-starter with lots of common sense and able to act on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal) in order for all of the internal and customer teams to understand proposed strategies; applies clear and consistent performance standards and handles problems decisively and objectively.