Senior Manager, Internal Communications
Premier Research helps highly innovative bio-pharmaceutical and medical device companies transform life-changing ideas into reality. We take on the most challenging areas of study, with a special focus on unmet needs in such areas as analgesia, CNS, rare diseases, medical device and diagnostics, and pediatric research.
We’re looking for a talented and energetic Senior Manager, Internal Communications, to join our team!
Working at Premier Research means being an individual - you will be recognized for what you do and you will truly have an impact. You will be working in a friendly environment with colleagues who are genuinely supportive regardless of location or seniority.
Premier Research is on an exciting journey - there is a true buzz throughout the company, so come and be part of it!
As the Senior Manager, Internal Communications, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and manage communications efforts for all employees to ensure a clear understanding and ongoing awareness of Premier Research’s corporate objectives and commercial strategies. You’ll ensure that employees are kept informed and motivated through a variety of channels, such as intranet, email bulletins, social media, and newsletters. In this role, you’ll be empowered to be a strategic thinker, a creative problem-solver, and an enthusiastic team player, using your depth of knowledge in communications, writing blogs, executive memos, newsletters, and management of an intranet site. Additionally, you will independently use your solid judgement, an innovative spirit, technical expertise, and a commitment to managing both complex and simple projects across many internal channels in a fast-paced, start-up-like environment.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with executives, leadership and various global departments (e.g., HR, Operations, Marketing) to establish organizational messages and processes that keep staff informed and engaged
- Creatively write content and develop strategies related to internal communications across the organization
- Internally respond to crisis PR situations, supporting the crisis management process and plan implementation
- Prepare strategic communication plan for company and ensures communication strategy is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision
- Refine core messaging to ensure organizational consistency and quality in all aspects of communication across all channels
- Work with the rest of the Marketing team and other departments to develop creative and engaging projects through video interviews, intranet posts, patient advocates, and social activities
You’ll Need This To Be Considered:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (e.g. Communications, Marketing, Psychology, Journalism) or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience, preferably in the Clinical Research Organization (CRO) or Life Sciences industry
- Creative thinking, writing, communication and active listening skills with vision and future planning in mind.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as exceptional writing and editing skills
- Proven ability to work independently with strong judgment and decision-making abilities, while providing strategic direction and development of the internal communications department
- Experience with budgets and expense management
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, cross functional, and high pressure environment
- Proven ability to work and manage internal divisions, executive leaders, and marketing agencies with the ability to persuade and influence in a positive and motivating manner
- Very strong organizational skills