We are looking for a Solutions Architect who serves as the primary technical interface between the client and the development teams utilizing their excellent verbal and written communications skills. This role has broad and deep understanding of business and technology, experience on multiple hardware environments and software platforms, and is comfortable with complex information systems. In particular this role has deep experience with the Adobe Experience Cloud including Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Adobe Target, and Adobe Analytics. The Solution Architect has a background in SDLC and understands the implications it has on project operations and management.
Using this deep base of knowledge, the Solutions Architect supports the business development RFP and pitch process; in addition, they help generate new business through ideation of features to better help our clients meet their goals. Ultimately, this role is responsible for facilitating and designing solutions that balance innovation and technical dexterity with pragmatic business sense and the ability to deliver and demonstrate a solid return on investment.
What You’ll Do
- Participate in the new business process which includes formulating a technical approach to the client’s problem to meet scope, budget, timeline, provide project estimates, and participate in client presentations
- Design and recommend robust, performant, high quality, innovative solutions
- Expert knowledge on various systems including CMS, CRM, database, web/native mobile and DevOps platforms, with a focus on Adobe Experience Cloud and associated platform technologies like AEM, Target and Analytics
- Act as a technical resource to define project scope, budget and timelines for software projects in coordination with the Project Management team
- Facilitate discovery discussions with clients to clarify business objectives and requirements
- Document software requirements and architectures
- Ensure compliance with the agency privacy and security policies.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and drive issue resolution
- Assist in developing training material and delivering technical training to customers and internal team members
- Successfully delivered large scale digital projects, managing multiple projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or relevant experience
- 5-7 years of Web related software development experience, preferably as a Senior level Developer
- 5+ years as a Systems, Business or Technical Analyst, Functional Architect, or similar preferred
- Experience with Web Content Management Systems, with a focus on Adobe Experience Manager and analytics platforms such as Google and Adobe
- Capacity planning for scalable web architectures including creation and integration of APIs as well as loading testing best practices
- Experience with web security best practices, cross browser/platform support and web accessibility best practices (WCAG 2)
- Demonstrated ability to turn business requirements into clear, complete project functional and technical specifications
- Strong understanding of databases, networking, and systems architecture
- Positive attitude with great follow through with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Agency experience is preferred
We are POP. We work hard. We’re professional. We stay humble. We are coders and craftspeople, as hardworking and eclectic as the city itself. We believe that how something works is as important as how it looks. We build things better than they need to be. We value craft over hype. We partner with brands that value ideas over egos. Pioneers at heart and stoic to the core.
What’s In It for You
POP offers competitive compensation and full benefits. We pay 100% of the healthcare premiums for all our employees. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, AD&D, Life Insurance, and 401k with employer match.
We host many annual celebrations for employees and family members to show love for POPsters. Additionally, each year, we offer generous paid time off, an extended winter break, and recognize individuals for 10 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we believe in the importance of work/life balance!
POP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment. POP will not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to [email protected]