System Administrator - Contract
Deploy, Maintain, and Support?You’re an expert in keeping environments running.
POP seeks a contract Systems Administrator to maintain operational environments for both development and production resources for our B2B email marketing SaaS product, WordFly. You are an experienced System Administrator. You know the inns and out of Operating Systems and the Infrastructure needed to support them and how to create the ideal domain environment. You will work in a small team performing the tasks needed to maintain a responsive and secure domain environment: creating user accounts, deploying servers, managing DNS, and reviewing group policies. You will utilize various monitoring solutions to establish performance thresholds, dashboards, and alerts to ensure adequate notifications are in place to prevent critical incidents.
What You’ll Do
- Build and configure templates for Windows and Linux virtual machines
- Build, configure, and maintain environment logging and monitoring solutions
- Monitor infrastructure metrics using tools such as PRTG, ELK Stack
- Maintain WordFly domain resources such as Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS
- Support WordFly internal users: Developers, SRE, Support staff with access and support
- Maintain inventory for all technical assets and establish workflows for maintenance
- Follow team best practices and standards for documentation and change controls
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in systems administration (Command Line (CLI), Shell Scripting, PowerShell) supporting Windows and Linux servers and network devices F5 Big- IP, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in using VMware (deploying and maintaining virtual machines running Linux and Windows Server operating systems)
- 2+ year of Hands-on experience with systems\ network troubleshooting with virtual machines or bare metal (TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, Firewall rules, log reviews)
- Looking for proficiency and experience with using scripts to automate manual tasks
- Experience with “Hands Off” server OS maintenance tools; Ivanti\ Shavlik, WSUS, Salt Stack…
- Experience with logging & monitoring tools (ELK Stack, Elastic Beats, PRTG, Graphite),
- Hands on experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools (Octopus, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Ansible, and Chef) and source control revision tools (GIT, SVN, RCS, CVS)
- Agile Development (SCRUM, Kanban, or Extreme Programming methodologies). Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to collaborate effectively in teams
- An Expert communicator in both verbal communication (standups, sprint planning, incident investigation calls) written communication (emails, slack, technical documentation)