Technical Copywriter - Freelance
You’re a technology storyteller.Your writing both educates and captivates audiences.
POP seeks to partner with an experienced freelance Technical Copywriter with a deep understanding of cloud technologies (preferably Microsoft Azure) to assist on creating a variety of long-form materials including e-books, whitepapers, and blog posts for potential upcoming needs. These materials will be targeted toward decision makers and practitioners in the enterprise technology space with the goal of furthering their knowledge and understanding of cloud solutions, including architecture, database, security, mobility, DevOps, hybrid, and so on. This audience is already highly knowledgeable about the cloud and distinctly allergic to marketing, so delivering content that is authentic and engaging at the appropriate altitude (think: in the weeds) is a requirement.
Interested? Show us your stuff! Please be sure to include a link to your portfolio so we can take a look at your work.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a Creative Director and Strategy Director to develop story ideas for long-form technology pieces and thought leadership content
- Interview subject matter experts, as necessary, to develop clear, compelling stories that use facts, quotes, and data to educate our audience
- Source and cite from other reports (Gartner, Forrester, etc) as necessary
- Submit drafts and refine iteratively based on team and client feedback
What We’re Looking For
- You are considered a subject matter expert in cloud technologies, especially Microsoft & competitors
- You have demonstrated experience writing about Microsoft products, following the Microsoft style guide
- You understand the difference between a BDM and TDM
- You keep up on trending technologies and announcements in the cloud space
- You have at least 5 pieces in your portfolio that we cannot resist reading
- You preferably have a degree in journalism, computer science, or related field(s)