Build, Deploy, Script and Automate? You’re a promoter of scaling with code.You are an aspiring DevOps practitioner. You maintain the catalog of services and tools supporting DevOps processes and procedures, unifying the workflows of software development and operations engineering to put software into production. You ensure the reliable, secure and scalable operation of our high-availability SaaS product.
POP seeks a DevOps Engineer to deploy, automate and maintain DevOps tools and services for production and development environments for our B2B email marketing SaaS product, WordFly.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for managing tools and services to support the WordFly product, and when necessary use your engineering skills to implement and deploy new tools and services such as APIs, HAProxy load balancers, etc.
As well as support maintenance cycles for production and development environments, internal tools, and third-party mail servers to maintain a zero-downtime operational standard.
What You’ll Do
- Support and maintain critical tools & services infrastructure to ensure 24/7/365 availability
- Build and configure templates for monitoring live applications including database systems
- Build, configure, and test new features and services using various technologies; Python, Bash, PowerShell, C#, and T-SQL
- Standup and deploy environments in AWS, Azure and private dedicated environments
- Research, test and develop solutions that meet best practices for security and performance “DevSecOps” and work with application developers to ensure a unified workflow
- Work across development and operational workflows to resolve technical blockers with clear and transparent solutions
- Maintain a repository of code created with clear technical documentation to ensure efficient communication across the team
- Live and breathe the DevOps culture at POP
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of experience in systems administration (Command Line (CLI), Shell Scripting, PowerShell) in a domain environment with Windows and Linux servers, with 1-3 years supporting SaaS web applications, Mail servers, mobile apps
- 2+ years of experience in using VMware (deploying and maintaining virtual machines running Linux and Windows Server operating systems)
- 2+ year of Hands-on experience with systems\ network troubleshooting with virtual machines or bare metal (TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, Firewall rules, log reviews)
- Looking for proficiency in at least one coding\ scripting language ability with experience managing “hands-off” operational tasks (Service restarts, scheduled task management, file transfers\ deletions)
- Experience with “Hands Off” server OS maintenance tools; Ivanti\ Shavlik, WSUS, Salt Stack…
- Experience with logging & monitoring tools (ELK Stack, Elastic Beats, PRTG, Graphite),
- Hands on experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools (Octopus, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Ansible, and Chef) and source control revision tools (GIT, SVN, RCS, CVS)
- Experience working with Message Transfer Agent (MTA) apps i.e. Postfix, Sendmail, etc. or as an exchange admin is desired but not required
- Agile Development (SCRUM, Kanban, or Extreme Programming methodologies). Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to collaborate effectively in teams
- Expert communication skills in both verbal communication (standups, sprint planning, incident investigation calls) written communication (emails, slack, technical documentation)