Engineering Manager, Web
Build it and they will come.Your code makes the internet a better place. You’re crazy about building interactive experiences and obsessing over the details. You’re an ace at solving problems before they happen.
POP seeks an Engineering Manager, Web who will mentor and inspire the team with proven leadership, hands-on participation and project involvement. The Engineering Manager, Web defines and implements tools, processes and practices that enable the team to scale without sacrificing quality, efficiency or timeliness. The Engineering Manager, Web CR is responsible for ensuring the Costa Rica web engineering teams quality and timely delivery of custom web applications and production development executions including HTML emails, banner ad units, and landing page experiences.
In addition to the day-to-day responsibilities of being a discipline manager the Engineering Manager, Web works closely with other team leads to influence and inform the direction of development at POP, stay on top of our rapidly changing, multi-screen world, improve project processes, and move the needle forward.
What You’ll Do
- Owns POP’s Interactive Web Development practices within our Costa Rica division
- Partners with development leadership across offices to ensure consistency in quality, estimates, tools, processes, skills, and overall development team knowledge
- Oversees and is accountable for ensuring code produced by the team is performant, accessible and adheres to POP's coding standards
- Hires, leads, and mentors team members in career growth and performance
What We’re Looking For
- Seven+ years of professional experience, with at least four years as a senior level in an interactive agency or equivalent
- Understanding of full-stack application development including practical experience with one more backend or mobile technologies such as PHP, Python, C#, Java, etc
- Proven success as a technology leader making both technology and organizational decisions
- Successful experience working with clients and internal partners
- Excellent communication skills with distributed team members in both English (as a second language) and Spanish