Engineering Manager, AEM Software Architect
Build it and they will come.Your code makes the internet a better place. You’re crazy about building rich applications and obsessing over the details. You’re an ace at solving problems before they happen.
POP seeks an Engineering Manager/AEM Software Architect who will mentor and inspire a team with proven leadership, provide software architecture services to our clients, actively code solutions and help grow our team. The Engineering Manager defines and implements tools, processes and practices that enable the team to scale without sacrificing quality, efficiency or timeliness. The Engineering Manager is responsible for ensuring the Costa Rica engineering teams quality and timely delivery of custom applications and production development executions including HTML emails, banner ad units, and landing page experiences.
In addition to the day-to-day responsibilities of being a discipline manager the Engineering Manager works closely with other team leads to influence and inform the direction of engineering at POP, stay on top of our rapidly changing, multi-screen world, improve project processes, and move the needle forward.
What You’ll Do
- Own POP’s engineering practices within our Costa Rica office
- Partner with development leadership across offices to ensure consistency in quality, estimates, tools, processes, skills, and overall development team knowledge
- Lead development of robust, secure, high-performing, high-quality applications
- Oversees and is accountable for ensuring code produced by the team is performant, accessible and adheres to POP's coding standards
- Hires, leads, and mentors team members in career growth and performance
What We’re Looking For
- Ten+ years of professional experience, with at least four years as a senior level
- Passion for providing exceptional customer service
- 2+ years experience with Adobe Experience Manager
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies, C# .NET, Java, AWS, Azure
- Proficiency in most or all of the following methodologies and practices: Design Patterns, Component-Based Design, Test-Driven Development, Refactoring, Containerization, Microservice and Service-Oriented Architecture
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to envision broad implications of design decisions
- Proven success as a technology leader making both technology and organizational decisions
- Proven success finding and validating great talent
- Successful experience working with clients and internal partners
- Excellent communication skills with distributed team members in both English (as a second language) and Spanish